The CompTIA Cloud+ certification is an internationally recognized validation of the knowledge required of IT practitioners working in cloud computing environments.
The CompTIA Cloud+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to understand standard cloud methodologies; to implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies (e.g., network, storage, and virtualization technologies); and to understand aspects of IT security and use industry best practices related to cloud implementations.
is recommended that CompTIA Cloud+ candidates have the following:
- CompTIA Network+ certification and/or CompTIA Server+ certification, although CompTIA certifications are not required
- At least 24-36 months of work experience in IT networking, network storage, or datacenter administration
- Familiarity with any major hypervisor technologies for server virtualization although vendor-specific certifications in virtualization are not required
- Knowledge of cloud service model (IaaS, Paas, Saas) definitions
- Knowledge of common cloud deployment model (Private, Public, Hybrid) definitions
- Hands-on experience with at least one public cloud IaaS platform